Quantic Dream has responded to last month's strike with a firm everything-is-fine: development on Star Wars Eclipse is "continuing as planned," the studio says, and the team "has the resources needed" to finish the game. The statement directly pushes back on striking developers' claim that Eclipse can't be completed if 115 planned layoffs go through.

Why it matters

Someone here is wrong. The union says the project is understaffed; management says it's resourced. What we can verify from outside: Eclipse has shown no gameplay since its 2021 reveal, the studio canceled its other game (Spellcasters Chronicles) in May, the layoff plan covers roughly a quarter of the company, and reports of a lead-writer departure haven't been denied. Against that, a written assurance is thin evidence. But it's also the first time Quantic Dream has been forced to publicly commit to finishing this game, which counts for something.

One genuinely new detail surfaced in the same statement cycle: Quantic Dream is also developing a separate competitive multiplayer title. A studio pleading resource constraints while staffing a second project is exactly the tension the union is pointing at.

The details

  • The denial, via TechRadar: Eclipse work continues, and the studio is "eager to share more in the future."
  • Background on the June 25 strike, which was timed to a Lucasfilm Games check-in visit.
  • Still missing after five years: a release window, a platform list, or a second of gameplay.

What to do with this: our position from the 2026 tracker is unchanged: believe it when you see it. Nothing in "going according to plan" tells you when, or whether, you'll play this game.

More as it develops. The games catalog has the full picture.